Posted by: Administrator | Posted on: April 27th, 2016 | 0 Comments
Nominations Open for Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders
The National Fire Heritage Center (NFHC) Board of Directors has opened nominations for the NFHC Fire and Emergency Services Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders (HLLL). Nominations will be accepted from now through June 30, 2016.
The HLLL provides individual recognition of significant contributions and distinguished service to the Fire and Emergency Services mission. Vice-President Chief Billy Shelton states, “The HLLL is one of the most important initiatives undertaken by the National Fire Heritage Center each year.”
The HLLL is located in Emmitsburg, Maryland, where it is maintained along with a virtual “Hall” that is also part of the National Fire Heritage Center’s website: http://thenfhc.org/programs/hall-of-legends.
Nominating Criteria and Format
Any person or organization may submit a nomination to the Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders in accordance with the following criteria:
- Nominees must have completed at least 25 years of service to the fire service and or fire protection disciplines (provide service dates on nomination package).
- Nominations packages shall be typed, Arial Font 10 point, and a maximum of two pages permitted.
- Nomination packages shall be postmarked no later than June 30 and delivered to the National Fire Heritage Center, P. O. Drawer 76, Emmitsburg, MD, 21727.
Nomination packages shall include:
- Picture and complete name of nominee to include middle initial, date of birth, current address, phone number and email address, if available. NOTE: If nominee is deceased, provide date of death and place of interment.
- Current and/or previous Fire and Emergency services affiliations with dates.
- Summary of fire service experience/positions held, including significant elected positions held.
- Professional accomplishments and distinguished service, including publications, texts and articles published.
- Education, training and/or certification achievements.
- Honors and awards received.
The leadership of the NFHC encourages your submittal of individuals who you believe have made significant contributions to this profession. The candidates for this year’s induction will be voted on by the Board of Directors at the annual meeting, conducted simultaneously with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation in Emmitsburg in October.
For additional information contact:
William D. Killen, CFO, FIFireE
National Fire Heritage Center
526 Whitetail Road
Church Hill, TN 37642